Brooches are making a major statement this fall as a stylish accessory to wear on a coat or blazer, but we know that once those cooler temperature roll in, our go-to accessory tends to be a scarf. A scarf can add a beautiful finishing touch to your outfit, but we have gotten tangled up at time trying to find the right way to style one. We thought we would share five different ways to tie and style your favorite fall and winter scarves with your Hope Design Ltd. brooch.
The best scarves to use with your Hope Design Ltd. brooches are thicker material and depending on the size and weight of your brooch some scarf styling will work better than others. Kayleen used a blanket scarf to create the five looks below and she is wearing our Hope Design Ltd. Blue Star Service Flag 24F Brooch.
- Spread out the fabric and drape the scarf evenly around your shoulders.
- Tie the ends of scarf behind your back to hold the scarf in place.
- Brooches are traditionally worn on the left side, but you can play around with positioning to give a more casual look.
The Reverse Drape
How to Style It:
- Drape the scarf evenly around your neck and let it hang.
- Toss one end of the scarf over one shoulder.
- Toss the other end over the opposite shoulder.
- Attach your brooch near the lapel position. You can try wearing it on different sides and at different heights.
- Treat your scarf like a shawl—spread out the fabric and wrap it evenly around both shoulders.
- Leave one end across your body. Throw the other one across the opposite shoulder.
- Rotate the scar to your favorite position.
- Pin your brooch to the shoulder that the shawl is wrapped. Not only is it a beautiful way to wear your brooch, but it also helps hold the scarf in place.
The Figure 8
- Fold your scarf in half and drape around your neck.
- Feed the top end through the loop.
- Twist the loop to create a second hole.
- Feed the bottom end through the second hole. Adjust accordingly.
The Over the Shoulder Loop
- Drape the scarf unevenly around your neck.
- Loop the longer end around your neck.
- Throw the end over your shoulder
- Pin your brooch at the spot where the two ends cross.
If you enjoyed styling your scarf with a brooch, check out our ways to wear your Hope Design Ltd. brooch for more ideas.